Thursday, May 19, 2011

Creepy Coworkers

Coworkers are a fun and interesting people. They don't really know you at all, and yet they try very hard to understand your struggles and help you out as much as possible. Well, that's how my coworkers are anyway, for the most part. Sure, some of them only act like they give a shit for their own selfish gain, but I'll take it. Okay, this leads me to this evening's creepy coworker. I won't use his real name, just know that some of us in the deli call him Dante because he reminds us of the character from Clerks, you know, angry because of where he is in life and a real downer. Anyway, so I was closing with this other gal, Chelsea, and we were in the back taking care of the meat and compose buckets, when Dante walks in and says, "I'm sorry," as he stands in my path to the rocket cart. I tell him that I forgive him, and life goes on... 


Oh wait, just kidding. I tell him I forgive him, and he says that its not him I need to forgive, "its the bastards that forced me to wait until 10 to go clean the front hot case." Two things: I was completely unaware that he had seen me anywhere in the store before that very moment, and, he has a history of being terrifying. I just walked out of the room. Of course, he followed, but I pretended not to hear him. 


Later, he came over with a box of random deli stuff, and said "Merry Christmas." I said that it was a little early for gifts, but thanks. He then proceeded to tell me about his Army days for the umpteenth time. I was almost too glad to clock out today. I don't like this Dante fella. 

No comments:

Post a Comment