Saturday, May 21, 2011

People Come and Go

Throughout my life, there have been a lot of people that came and went. 
Some were family members that I loved more than life itself. I'm fortunate enough to have a few grandparents and older aunts and uncles that are still with me, but the ones that left are the ones I miss the most. 
Some were fair weather friends, you know, the kind that are there when things are going good for you, then as soon as the situation gets heavy, they're out. 
Some have been those people I didn't care about in the first place, but I felt that they needed someone so badly that I was willing to suffer through being near them in order to be the ear that they needed. I am an enabler, really. I will do anything and everything in my power to help someone discover what it is they need to do to be the best person they hope to be. 
Some of the people that I thought were the most important to me have been the ones that left without reason. People that I had known for years and believed were my dearest friends were all too eager to be rid of me. Sometimes, things change- feelings change. We changed and grew apart. I can't say who was wrong or right, I can just say that we had a good run, and that I hope everything works out for them, but I wouldn't want to see them again.
Of course, some leave because they're life path takes them elsewhere. Maybe they transferred schools, graduated, got married, joined the military, etc. Of these people, there are a few that I truly miss every day. But I believe that if I'm meant to cross paths with them again, I will in time. 


What made me think of this?
A coworker that I really get along with decided it was time to go a different route. I'm not sure if we will ever see each other again, but I do know that what ever he decides to do, he will make it work, and for that, I give him mad respect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment