Monday, May 16, 2011

People that Bail

(To those of you who know me personally: This is just a rant, not an attack on any certain person. I promise.)


I hate it when people make plans to do something with me, and then they blow me off for something/someone else. Its makes me feel as if the plans they make with me are less important than something someone else came up with at the last minute and that they would rather do anything else than hang out with me. It makes me feel inadequate as their friend, or supposed friend. And most of all, it pisses me off immensely. I understand that sometimes things come up, like a test, or a grandma dies, or you sleep through the scheduled meeting time. But going out with someone else instead, or staying in with someone else instead after saying that you are sick and sleeping, is super shitty. Every time it happens to me, I hate the person more and more until at last I decide that they aren't worth my time, and I stop putting in any effort to see them. Friendships are a two-way street, and if you aren't willing to meet me in the middle, at a corner deli, then you aren't a real friend. 
Everyone slips up, even me. So I try to be forgiving. But repeat offenders don't deserve my forgiveness, and need to make a sincere apology. Maybe even a peace offering, depending on severity. I refuse to be a victim, and I will make them pay. "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned," its applicable to life in general, not just romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment